The Senior Sales Tax Consultant, under general direction, is responsible for independently conducting and documenting highly complex sales tax projects.
- Reviews accounting and statistical data of various departments, divisions, and locations in order to verify accuracy of payment and/or remittance of state and local tax.
- Reviews the activities of various departments for compliance with plans, policies, and procedures prescribed by the Company and/or management.
- Prepares and submits reports on the results internally and to clients.
- Prepares and submits reports on the results of audits.
- Makes recommendations regarding improvements in policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with state taxing authorities in requests and undertakings to expedite their work.
- Provides functional advice and/or training to less-experienced staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 5 years of state and local tax experience in public accounting and/or a robust corporate internal audit department.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience applying sales tax audit principles, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to document, analyze and make recommendations for improvements in operational processes and financial controls with complex audit projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all departments, management levels within the company, and external stakeholders.
|Job Category||Senior Consultant|