Real estate values fluctuate over time based on current market conditions. There are several approaches to appraising real estate value.
We have access to relevant market data and understand the unique nature of each asset so we can develop a valuation approach to ensure property taxes are paid on accurate values.
Property tax on real estate is a significant ongoing cost of ownership. Our goal is to minimize your property tax burden by researching and understanding local markets, being familiar with the process and procedure of local taxing authorities and effectively navigating the appeal process.
CTMI can help
CTMI’s credentialed property tax consultants perform annual real estate portfolio reviews to seek available tax saving opportunities relating to valuations, exemptions and abatements. Our comprehensive service offering includes:
- Conduct comprehensive review of real estate portfolio
- Research opportunities for available exemptions and abatements for each property
- Analyze proposed assessed value by tax assessor
- Conduct onsite property inspection
- Prepare defensible valuation assessments and tax strategies
- Analyze economic and functional obsolescence issues
- Prepare independent property value assessment
- Develop a defensible valuation approach with documented support
- File appeal and protest with local tax jurisdictions
- Represent client from appeal process through resolution
- Maintain detailed asset records on each portfolio property
- Provide online management reporting
- Serve as Agent of Record for portfolio properties at each tax jurisdiction
- Collect, review and approve each property tax bill for payment
- Tax accruals, projections and exposure analysis
- Tax incentive and abatement incentives relating to new facility location planning
- Coordinate directly with Auditor throughout the audit
- Client education with regard to legislative and tax policy developments